The successful Junior Purchasing Executive is responsible for facilitating communications with key suppliers and fostering positive relationships with vendors. They are detail-oriented and disciplined, and have the ability to make proactive, well-reasoned decisions. This role may be occasionally asked to support shipping, receiving, and will work both independently and in team settings. This is a fast paced, dynamic position with boundless opportunities for growth. Apply today!
- Obtaining material quotes, price negotiation, and coordinating the procurement of material with the primary objective toward best quality, price, and delivery.
- Assist Production Manager in coordinating manufacturing activities through maintaining up to date information on open orders, inventory purchases, etc.
- Review and verify invoices, vendor packing lists, and bills of lading to ensure accuracy and compliance with company procedures.
- Parts requests and purchasing all for Indirect Material
- Record receipt of supplies and components, adjust stocking levels in MRP system.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers.
- Communicate with suppliers to rectify any cost, quality, and delivery discrepancies.
- Participate in Cycle Counts and Physical Inventory
- Identify more cost-efficient acquisition strategies using MRP production workflow utilities and other resources.
- Assist in the documentation of related processes and procedures, in addition to generating spreadsheets, reports, and maintaining files.
- General administrative duties to be carried out.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-year related job experience preferred.
- Experience working with industry-standard Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools.
- Excellent computer skills.
- High attention to detail and level of analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with awareness of deadlines.
- Must be willing to work extended hours on limited occasions.
- Extensive experience working in a small to medium-sized manufacturing company.
- Team player.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Uses time efficiently and completes work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Able to cross-train in different areas.
The above-cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Note: We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from people who meet our selection criteria, regardless of sex, race, creed, sexual orientation, or disability.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CVs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged and will be treated in strict confidence.
Please fill out the form